Deadly Sins
Welcome to Deadly Sins' Forums, known as My Deadly Sins, a mythical/fantasy themed place.

In this place, we are rated teen and allow members to post anything they wish to share that is safe for younger members.

Members are allowed to role-play with others as well as Chat, Share their graphics, Artwork, anything they made, Cosplay outfits and photos, If you don't do any of that, Then share your stories, lyrics, poems and anything that you written. We also allow gamers to post game photos, written guides and hints.

We now have a main Rp that is a mixed of real life and fantasy for members who like to role-play within a story or plot line. Also we now have a school for members to teach other members how to update their skills in different things.

There will always be something new in the Site Events and Challenges. =3

If you're a member, please log in.
If not, then sign up if you're interested.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff
Here are the staff of My Deadly Sins.

plz remember, you must be active for 4 weeks with 25+ posts before appling.
Staff pix will change when we get more staff members.
Cbox
Weekly Prompt
Like a lot of sites do this, we are too.

'I'll save you!`

Graphics, stories and artwork are allow.
Next one at: Dec 19th, 2015
Add us please

Affilate with us please.
Clicky for more buttons.
Sister Sites
credits/disclaims
Here's are all of the credits/disclaims:
Ideas from: Shadowplay and Assassin's Den
Graphics by: Salya, Unbreakable(some), and own members.

I don't own anything that isn't mine.
If I didn't give the right credits to someone, please let me know in the Cbox or PM. I promise to update this when needed.

Share | 

Suikoden IV ◘ Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Salya
Admin
Admin

Female

Points 6921

PostSubject: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:16 am

Game: Suikoden IV
On: PS2
Type: RPG
Guide by: Salya
Email: angelofdeath019 @ yahoo.com
Credits: Salya and hints from  SOng from GameFAQs and Suikosource

Found on Google. ((looking for Suikoden V's now. ))

Welcome to my first Suikoden Guide. ^_^ I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. I'm playing this on PCSX2 since my owned copy as well as the PS2... hate me. So yea. Plus on PCSX2, I can get photos for you. ^_^ Which I'll try to get as much as I can. =3

here's some things you might need to know. Suikoden games have this time about 108 Stars of Destiny. Which I don't like much of the time. -_- To help with the 108 stars, I'm using Suikosource with my own input. Also there will be ship battles... which I can't really do, so I'll be using SOng's guide for these parts. I'm going to try playing without any guide be the one I'm typing so you have been warned. 

Money = Potch
Magic = Runes
EXP = Lvl up when the character gets 1000 each time. 
Weapon = you can sharpen them with patch.
Names that are Italic means that they are part of the 108 stars that we will get later.

Lets start the game. Ok?

((Note: I will lock this post until I'm done with the game. So PM me with your questions.))

•°o.O O.o°• ¨°o.O O.o°

Galleries: The Doorway to the Darkness|Lost in the darkness
Shops:Falling Dreams|Dark Dreams awaits
Forum Wife of: ????

Signatures by: Salya
If you need any help, be sure to PM me. ^_^

Last edited by Salya on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Salya
Admin
Admin

Female

Points 6921

PostSubject: Re: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:56 am

Put the game into the PS2 and start it up. The first thing you'll see is a screen, asking you about your tv. Do as it says.

Then you'll see a movie. it's really a nice opening. XD Hit if you want to skip it. lol

Title screen. It's really pretty and the water moves so nice. But you want to play right? So hit {NEW GAME} 

Now you get to pick a name for the HERO. Lets see... I'm going to use Lazlo since that's he's unoffilice name. But you can pick any game you wanna. ^_^ For this guide, for HERO, you'll see Lazlo since it's better then HERO. lol Anyways, Once you are done, hit {CONFIRM}. Is this okay? {YES}. Now Options. Put then as you like. Hit {START} when you are done.

Finally, you see another opening but this one is of Lazlo and people. =3 Just watch it for it's goes into your first bout fight. 
.. Who wants to hit Snowe? Other then me? lol

Naval Battle # 1 - First Engagement

Opponent: ?????
Victory conditions: 
Counter the enemy's attack and emerge victorious.

Crew Members:
  Hero     HP 10 ATK 14 DEF 5 Underlings 12
  Tal      HP 11 ATK 14 DEF 8 Underlings 8
  Paula    HP 10 ATK 12 DEF 5 Underlings 10
  Keneth   HP 10 ATK 13 DEF 5 Underlings 10
  Jewel    HP 10 ATK 13 DEF 5 Underlings 8

- Listen to the hints: "...can fire lightning & water Rune Shells"
- Therefore, choose someone with a lightning Rune - Pick Keneth!
- Place the remaining four members as your fighters
- Take the maximum number of underlings. You can take a maximum of 49 underlings if you choose the above setup. You will have more "hit points" if you choose less underlings. The opponent has 60 hit points by the way.
- Move to the 3rd square and press Left/Right to attack the opponent with your Rune Cannon. Counter when the opponent's attack you.

I'm not a fight when it comes to ships... so say thanks for SOng. =3

Once over, a scene. And you get your first fight.

Snowe and Lazlo Vs man (Glen) and woman (Katarina)

Sadly we are still LVL 1.. but Snowe will help you with the battle.. if you want his help. xD

For fans that don't. Here's how I did the fight:
Lazlo Combo with Snowe on ??? (Glen). - turn 1
both attacked ??? (Glen) - turn 2
Lazlo attacked ???? (Katarina) as Snow used Rune> Water >Kindness Drop (heal) on Lazlo. - turn 3
.. And you can just do as you like.

You won't win but you will get a screen after 4 turns. =3

•°o.O O.o°• ¨°o.O O.o°

Last edited by Salya on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Salya
Admin
Admin

Female

Points 6921

PostSubject: Re: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:22 am

Now it's time to learn about One-on-One... which I hate. -sighs- but here goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                  Fencing Battle # 1 - Vs. Glen
Once you are done, talk to Katarina or Glen. You will be fighting a fencing match. There are 3 options - Attack, Guard, Special.

-1st Turn: Attack (Normal)
-2nd Turn: Attack (Special)
-3rd Turn: Attack
-4th turn: Guard
-5th turn: Guard

And pay attention to his quotes...
Or you want a sure-win battle?

Quote                                                              Use
Pay close attention to my swordsmanship          -> Special
Prepare to get beaten to a pulp                        -> Guard
Charge at me and don't hold anything back        -> Attack
Let's see how well you can wield that sword       -> Attack
Now its my turn                                            -> Special
My next move will settle this once and for all!    -> Guard
I will strike you with all your might                  -> Guard
Thank SOng.

Once you win or lose... there will be some talking. yay...
Now you are free to wonder the ship. Talk to everyone to go on with the story.. well there is a bit of story when you talk to each one. owo I talked to two party members and got a movie. So maybe all you needed to do was talk to two people. oh well.

----
Hall of Knights
----
items to find: Old Book Volume 9, Steamed Bun x1, Water Orb x1

Scene. Follow the arrow to the yellow box. Now look around for items. This game comes with a mini map, so no map pics unless it's needed. Go to the Training area for a screen. (you can't skip it. sadly..)(Hey, did anyone noticed that only Lazlo since to fully listen? lol )

Now go to see the town.

----
Razril (Port)
----
Items: Mushroom x1, Medicine x1, Stomach Band x1, Sandals x1, Tunic x2, Mittens x1, Robe x1, Gloves x1

Look at all of the ships.... oh right. not the point.

Save.

Shops are closed.. sadly, but near the weapon shop is an allyway that you can lvl up and well fight some. But we'll go there later.

Now head to the north for a scene. You'll get a torch of fire that you can use as a weapon for a short time.. if you wanna. anyways, after the scene you will be back at the main street, leading to the square. There are people holding up torches. Light them as you past. There are 8 to light up.

Scenes at the square, followed by you talking to everyone there. Exit the area, by the main walkway aka the south way. Talk to everyone as you walk past them. One guy will claim that his daughter is missing. (quest) There is a kitty in the area. Pet it and you'll get a .

Moving on, you'll find a Cat-man... Neko... and talk to him. Chiepoo will give you a notification that's a girl has been kidnapped. Now lets get some party members for this. Maximum is four.. ((S5 lets you have 6....))

Party members to pick from: All lvl 1.. But you have Tal, Jewel, Keneth and Paula.

Pick who you wanna. I'm going with the two girls since I got Lazlo and Snowe.
Note- SOng recommends Keneth for his Lightning Rune.

•°o.O O.o°• ¨°o.O O.o°

Last edited by Salya on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Salya
Admin
Admin

Female

Points 6921

PostSubject: Re: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:50 pm

----
Back Street
----
Enemies: Shobby Shrew and Thug
----
Items: Mushroom
----
My Party: Lazlo lvl 1, Snowe lvl 1, Paula lvl 1, and Jewel lvl 1

There isn't really anything here, but a chest with a in it. So fight around until your party is lvl 2-3.

----
Kidnapper                       HP: 100      Potch:
Kidnapper Underling          HP: 50       160p

Items: ? Pot (Pot of Razril)
          ? Painting (Grafitti) or Mackerel Miso Stew
----
I'm lazy, so no help in fighting. so do your best.

Search the crate for a . This will be your ONLY chance to get it! Once you get it, head for the town entrance and choose to rest for the day. sadly the party will part ways.

Note - this is a good area to get Potch at this point of the game. You can get 20 to 60 patch from one fight.. depending on who your fighting. XD

----
Hall of Knights
----

Save. Always save. lol

You'll be back in your room. You can rest in this room and save your game too. Exit the room and look around. ((If you didn't get any items before, now is a good time)) YOu'll meet Funghi in the kitchen that is next to your room. Make your way to the courtyard then to the port. Snowe will rejoin your party. Then head to the training hall. ((You can do some shopping now if you wish. but I'll list the shops later on))

If you talk to the trainee before your friends, you get to fight 3x trainee for some EXP points along with 30p. You can do this as much as you like.

----
Trainee A                   HP:  10            Potch: 30p
Trainee B                   HP:  10
Trainee C                   HP:  10
----

Now talk to one of your crew and you will get to form a part with 4 members, counting Snow and Lazlo. ((I'm using Tal and Keneth this time to lvl them up. xD))

----
Senior Knight               HP:  50            Potch: Nil
----

You get two 2 options. the 2nd one will end the whole practice session.

----
Senior Knight A             HP:  50           Potch: Nil
Senior Knight B             HP:  50           EXP:   200
----

Once you are done, pick the bottom option "I've decided." You will be allowed to battle once
again with your desired formation. Exit the Hall of Knights and make your way to Razril.

My Party for a while will be: Lazlo, Snowe, Jewel and Paula. ^_^

----
Razril Port Town
----
Items:   Medicine, Mushroom, Treasure Map
----
Armor Shop                    
Sandals - 70p      
Gloves - 120p      
Stomach Band - 150p      
Bandana - 80p

Equipment Shop
Medicine - 20p
Antitoxin - 50p
Needle - 50p

Rune Shop
Fire Orb - 500p      
Water Orb - 500p      
Align/Remove Rune - 240p

Inn - 200p per character

Bargain items are pretty random

Port area
----
On the pathway, you will see 3 group of ladies. Talk to one of them and you will be prompted to comment the food. Choose "It was very delicious!" and so some shopping. The bargain icon column is where you can get some rare equipment and items. (Items also include sealed orbs)

You will meet Chiepoo again... at the Equipment shop. Remember the orbs we got? You can now equip them.

SOng recommends putting a Water Orb on the hero But I recommend a Fire orb. Lazlo works best with fire.. or so I think. I also keep a fire on the Suikoden heroes. XD

Back Street
----
If you are low on potch or wish to lvl up. Do it here. Both SOng and I recommend to lvl up to 4. Well I say 4-5, but it's up to you, since you're the one playing. lol

Enemies: Hairball, Thug
----

Town Square
----
You will meet Basil here and get to play a mini-game. It's called Top Tossing.. I'll post something about at the end of the guide. But anyways, it you wish to try it, it cost 100p per game. If you are pretty tied on money, don't try.

Talk to the lady at the right side of the square and you'll get a . Konrad can be found in the Inn. Search the bookshelf at the northeast corner and you'll find a . And the Hotel fee is ...OMG... 800p... Well that's all. Time to go on with the game.
Head back to the Hall of Knight.

•°o.O O.o°• ¨°o.O O.o°

Last edited by Salya on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Salya
Admin
Admin

Female

Points 6921

PostSubject: Re: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:32 am

----
Hall of Knights
----
Items:    Medicine x5
----

Well, That's all of the look around this town. lol Time to get on with the storyline. Head to the port area outside of the Hall of Knights courtyard. Go to the ship and it will trigger a scene. You will get 2 prompts. Pick "Yes, let's go." and here are the jobs you can do:

-Defeat wild sea creatures 3 times
-Deliver a document to Middleport.

hmm Lets do the first one since it's simple. Just randomly fight monsters 3 times while on the ship.

----
Random Battles - Sea near Razril
----
Enemies: Seaweed, Muddy Fish

Easy wins since they are weak. So just do 3 random ones.
----

If you activate the main menu while on the ship, you get 2 options, Anchor and Save. Anchor allows you to enter the ship on board. Inside the room found in Gaien Training Ship, there is a Save point and a chest with <5x Medicine>. Back on the World map, activate the menu and select 'Depart'.

When you finished beating up sea monsters, Snowe will prompt you when you went to return to port. Now if you're having fun with the ship, now is the time to really want to hurt him. lol But lets go back to port. If you don't choose to return automatically, you will have to do it your side, by making the ship make contact with the island. Joy. 

Now lets do the 2nd job. If you want to heal, return to your/Lazlo's room and rest/save then return to the port.

This what SOng put in his Guide about this job. ((I can't really help with it..))

----
Departing for Middleport
----
You will be back at the world map and here are the controls

Up                 Move ship forward 
Left                 Turn ship left                    
O                     View Chart Screen
Right               Turn ship right
[]                      Activate Menu
Right Analog   Free rotate camera
L1                    Change Camera View         
R1                    Accelerate
R2                   Change Compass View

The ship is a bit hard to control but it takes time for you to adapt to it. Activate the menu and you will get to save your game or anchor when you will get to access the ship. Hit the O button.

You will see the following list of commands:
X                  Change Course
Triangle     Exit Chart Screen
O                 Switch Display
[]                  Island Shift

----
Enemies:  Wild Seaweed, Muddy Fish
----

Now Lets go on. As you see from the chart screen or world map, You'll see that Middleport is actually southeast from Razril. Just activate the chart screen, point your cursor at Middleport and go. Once you reach the sea area near Middleport, you will need to manually adjust your ship and located the port. Choose to dock there. ^_^

•°o.O O.o°• ¨°o.O O.o°

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Salya
Admin
Admin

Female

Points 6921

PostSubject: Re: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 am

----
Middleport
----
Items:  Treasure Map x1, Mushroom x1, Antitoxin x1, Fancy Console x1
Potch:  2500p
----

Harbor
----
You find a man and a knight at the entrance way. Talk to them and you'll need to kill a monster in the sea near Middleport. The battle is a bit hard and it will be a good idea to see the town first.

Shops:
Harbor area
---
Trading Post - random prices
Bad Iron Ore
Bad Gold Ore
Bad Cotton Cloth
Bad Wool Cloth
Pearl
Sugar
Salt
Mayonnaise
Candle
Musk
Native Costume
Deer Antler
Book
Ancient Text
Herbal Medicine
Flower Seed
Wine
Rum

Appraiser
fee: 200p

Town Square area
---
Equipment Shop
Medicine - 20p
Broiled Fish - 100p
Cough Drop - 50p

Armor Shop
Sandals - 70p
Shoes - 120p
Cotton Mittens - 180p
Leather Gloves - 180p
Tunic - 120p
Leather Armor - 250p
Leather Helm - 120p

Inn
40p per person

Smithery (Adrienne)
Upgrade to lvl 3 weapon

----
Middleport - Town Square
----
If you have the money, you can play a dice mini game with a guy called Gunter. Or you can buy updated items or even update your weapon lvl.

If you head for the pathway behind Gunter, it will lead to a back street. It's really straight forward one that leads to a empty house. you can find a by searching the barrel on the right of the door. Then search the cheat nearby for a .

Now go back to the square. On the left you will see a few shops and a smithery. In the smithery, you will meet Adrienne (who i don't likie).

Meet Pecola outside of the inn who is surrounded by woman. Visit the inn and search the paintings for another . There is a spinning game but it requires a lottery Ticket. You can talk to the innkeeper to save your game or sleep there for 120p. You can
earn a Supplementary Ticket by purchasing 500p in Middleport. Once you got 5 of these, you will earn a lottery ticket. Visit the lottery corner. 

Just rotate the right analog stick and your prize depends on the ball that drops from the box.

1st place (yellow):  
1st time - Pirate King Crown
2nd time - Diamond
3rd time - 10000 potch

2nd place (red)   :  Sunbeam Orb
3rd place (green) :  Jizo Clock
4th place (blue)  :  Mega Medicine
5th place (white) :  Medicine

Now take the central path and head north.

•°o.O O.o°• ¨°o.O O.o°

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suikoden IV ◘ Guide   

Back to top Go down

Suikoden IV ◘ Guide